Monday, November 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today November 16, 2009

Outside my window...sun is rising giving the clouds the most beautiful fire outline. Little chill in the air with dew covered grass.

I am thinking....how nice it was to have dinner with friends.

I am thankful for...the time I have had in our country home. Why has having this house been a trial since the beginning. It always seemed to work out and we felt God wanted us here. Now 6 yrs later and we still are fighting to hold on. Every time we are ready to walk away a blessing comes our way to help hold on longer.

I am wearing.... pink nightgown just woke up. Hubbies coffee is brewing, good thing for spell check it obvious I am not awake enough to type.

I am remembering....to eat healthy. It is hard I love eating the not good for you foods. It is a constant decision to be making. Being away from the house is the hardest. It has begun to pay off so now I have a incentive!

I am going.....it is Monday we have orchestra practice our recital is Dec 7.

I am reading....school books about all I can fit into the week so far.

I am hoping....to be a size 10 again. I thought 12 was fat back then oh how I would love to be that today.

On my mind....math, out of 4 children I have one that is having trouble retaining facts. How do I help him? There has to be away for him so it is not so hard and frustrating to both of us.

From the learning rooms....definitely a math lesson. Then we have music, and later silent reading. If time allowing some history.

Noticing that....the year feels as though it is speeding up. Each day goes by quicker, one week to prepare my list for Thanksgiving. We are shopping on Monday then spending Tuesday and Wednesday preparing. Full house this year I am so excited!

Pondering the words...."Remember the days blessings. Forget the days troubles."

From the Kitchen....chicken and yellow rice I think. Need something in crock pot. Tacos and nachos, 15 bean soup, steak and onion sub. Some of the meals for the week.

Around the house....laundry there are piles everywhere I turn. I have never fallen this behind and had such a hard time catching up. Oh I know who the 4 little calibrates names are. I believe they will be helping hang some laundry today.

One of my favorite things....sharing 16 yrs with my husband. Yesterday was our anniversary!

From my picture journal.....ladies tea with family.

To see more daybooks visit The Simple Woman's Daybook. Thank you Peggy for hosting this every week.

6 comments:

Snuffygirl5 said...

Happy Anniversary! I have a little one who has a hard time with math facts and we started using Rocket Math- you can find all you need to know at www.dadsworksheets.com- He's doing great! Have a happy week!

Patricia said...

Maybe you could send some of your sunshine our way. I like the looks of your blog - clean and easy to read. I too like eating the not so good foods. If only they didn't taste so good, it would be easier to stay away from them.

Tammy said...

I have a hard time eating healthy too. The yummy stuff always seems to be the not-so-good-for-you stuff! :-)

The Man Crew said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook, enjoyed the peek into your life! Eating healthy is always a difficult choice...for me at least! Hope you get caught up on the laudnry, with little ones in the house, it's always a battle. Hope you find a way to work with math. Have a great week!
Blessings,
Kristy

Arlene said...

I love the words you're pondering. Eating healthy is a challenge but worth it, a healthy body is a happy body.

Have a blessed week.

dtbrents said...

I would love to be a size 10 again. I'm afraid the way my shape has changed I would have no bottom to keep my pants up. I'd be all stomach and breasts. I love being in the country. My sister has several homes and I enjoy the one in the country and the one by the lake. Blessing are always sent for a reason. The Lord must want you to have the country home. I'm sure it will be a blessing to someone else close to you some day. Doylene