Monday, January 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today January 4, 2010


Outside my window....The sun is shining but that hasn't changed that is very cold outside. The kids have already been out, to come back in and fill me in on their freezing experience.



I am thinking...of our school schedule and getting as much done as we can when we can.



I am thankful for...today heat and a fireplace and that my husband works hard so that I don't have to get out in this cold first thing in the morning.



I am wearing....very comfy warm PJ's and slippers.



I am remembering....friend's son who has been away in the military for a year. Leaving behind his new bride.



I am currently reading...math books and language arts and story books to the younger children.



I am hoping....that I will find joy in what ever God has planned for us this year.



On my mind....what God has in store for my family



Noticing that...even though I am thinking and wondering what is in store this year for my family. I have no fear of it since it will be God's will for us.



Pondering these words.....



From the kitchen.....spaghetti, pancakes, soup eggs and bacon. Fresh made bread and a Cinnamon buns.



Around the house....quilt is so so close to done. I want to work on it today before we leave for orchestra. I should have the binding on by end of week. Keeping up with the kids and the floors their rooms. Laundry is being cycled through the machines.
Christmas tree is still up and I have no intention to take it down this week.



One of my favorite things....playing scrabble with my family


A picture of a very memorable moment in 2009.... my son on the radio.

Thank you Peggy for each week hosting The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments: