Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Finshed Cakes!!!

Barbie came out better than she began.

The purple under leaked into the white fondant, Hubby wanted me to start over.
I was almost in tears.
Barbie was taller then the cake due to her being a ballerina. With bending the knees and stuffing cake crumbs and fondant in the front of her, we were able to get her more up right.

Have been told by every one in the house she has a big butt.

Yes there is a opalescence to the dress. I took sugar water and pink sugar painted it on in between the purple flowers. Wish I had some yellow dots to dot the flowers.
Made a bow at her waist.
And covered the doll so she is not pink.
The butter-cream frosting is the best I have ever made.

Here is the boys cake.Chocolate thru and thru for mud with worms coming out all over.

3 comments:

LISA said...

Ohhhh, You have NO IDEA how happy I am that Barbie has a big butt.
It really is unfair that anyone gets to have a perfect shape.
Happy Birthday to everyone.
I hope your day tomorrow is festive and joy filled.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

You did a fabulous job my friend. Something to be proud of.
Hugs
Kim

Breezy Point Mom said...

That Barbie dessert is AMAZING!