Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today March 16, 2008

Outside my window...
looks like another beautiful day outside.
 Little chill this morning but feels as it will warm up
into a wonderful sunny spring day.

I am thankful for...
a blessed performance last night with the Flagler Youth Orchestra.
All the children did wonderful, after the loss  of Mr. May 2 weeks ago (here).
They really pulled themselves together and Mr. May would be very proud of them all.
Thankful for Mr.  Micheal Miller who came over from Orlando
 to help our children thru this difficult performance.
He was a blessing to all the families.

I am thinking...
about our home as I am typing, hubby is on with the mortgage company.
God 's hands are all over our home, and he has displayed
his mercy and grace to us again today.
For those of you that have been praying for us thank you!
 We are not secure with keeping our house just yet so please continue
praying.

I am wearing....
a denim skirt and pink sweater

I am remembering...
The love that Mr. May showed to each and every child.
 His reach just seems endless.

I am creating...
a knitted bag, I am also working little here and there on
hand quilting my lap quilt..

I am going..
to take the children to choir and then run to the grocery store.

I am reading...
Night in Rodanthe, looks like it is not going to take me as long
 to finish reading this book.

I am hoping...
to be productive with scheduling and staying
to the schedule.

From the learning rooms..
our daily math lessons
and more concentration on LLATL with all 4 children
encouraging the younger two boys to more silent reading.

I am hearing...
school books opening and math being completed

I am praying...
for a friend with cancer, whom you would never know
what she is going through with her wonderful attitude.

From the Kitchen...
sausage, rice and black beans tonight
steak and burgers tomorrow
Ham and cheese omelets Wednesday
spaghetti Thursday
enchiladas Friday

Around the house...
whole family including hubby helped clean the house this week end
so that this week could run smoothly. So far so good.

One of my favorite things...
family time, doesn't matter what we are doing
just that we are together.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
encouraging my husband, school with the children and orchestra on Wednesday.
The boys going the their Aunts for the week end.

Here is a picture I would like to share...
Marissa with her sweet friend Emma playing last night at the concert
As always I like thank Peggy for hosting The Simple Woman's Daybook.
 To read more or even to be part of the daybooks visit here.








5 comments:

LISA said...

Still praying.
Very sweet picture of the girls.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I loved reading your daybook. It sounds as though you have a bit of stress about your home but that you have your Faith in the right place. Don't let go of that for it can get you through so much.
Loved the sweet picture of the girls!
My Mom plays the violin.
Blessings,
Kim

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for stopping by and leaving such inspiring words.

I also said a prayer for you that God's direction will lead you on the right path for your home.

Our son is going through the same thing caused by a nasty divorce.

Thank you for praying for him.

The Fischer Family said...

Hi Tara! Thanks for stopping by and your kind words! It's so fun to "meet" new people through the blogging world isn't it!?! I enjoyed your daybook! Hope to see you again soon! Blessings on the rest of your week!

Felicity said...

What a lovely picture!! All my kids play instruments, and orchestra has been such a wonderful experience for the whole family (even those just watching!) I'm glad the children have managed to play so well, despite what they've been through.
Have a good week!