Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For today May 18, 2010

Outside my window..
It is late the day is gone into night, with a cool crispness that
is nice after a hot sunny day.

I am thinking...
about prayer and waiting on God's guidance, especially
when feelings are involved.

I am thankful..
for all the prayers for our dog. He is still improving,
today he was acting very much like our Simon. He still has a couple of wounds
that are taking time to heal. You can tell the pain has just about gone.

I am wearing...
the strength of prayer

I am remembering...
Words a friend shared with me today,
"give thanks for the hurt or disappointment felt due to others actions"

I am creating...
planning a quilt that has been on my heart
 for awhile. I have a couple of months
 to get it done,if am going to listen and follow.

I am hoping and praying...
for our aunt

From the learning rooms...
Math, reading and Music
Farm, home and animal care and maintenance

I am hearing...
silence the children are sound asleep for the night.

From the kitchen...
adjusting to more fruit and veggies and salads
more cooking on the grill.

Around the house...
children are helping with the laundry that I fell behind doing
Simon is still being supervised each time he is outside.
The kittens are open eyed and have begun to work on
strengthening their tiny legs.
The chickens have majority of their adult feathers and love to catch the love bugs
that each day seem to grow by the hundreds. Even though they don't bit
like mosquito's they are just as annoying.

One of my favorite things..
a son that walks up and hugs me out of the blue.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
orchestra practice preparing for the year end performance in
a couple of weeks. Children's choir preparing for the year end party.
Meeting tomorrow for VBS plans.

Here is a picture I would like to share...
my oldest enjoying VBS last year
To read more daybooks please visit Peggy at Simple Woman's Daybook
Thank you for stopping by and being part of our family this week

4 comments:

Felicity said...

I like those words you're remembering! Nice photo too.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Praise God for His providence in His time!

It is great to be eating more veggies and fruits as they are in season. :D We're having to get a new grill as we threw our old one out, so I can't wait to have some grilled food either!

Have a great WEdnesday!
Sherry

Breezy Point Mom said...

I just have to say that I love your header photo. If that is your house, it certainly looks great. I love the way the trees are captured by the picture, too. You live at a beautiful place.

Spoiled Daily In Love said...

I enjoyed reading your entry ~ I too am waiting on God's guidance and I especially liked 'what you are wearing'. It actually made me pause....and pray. I'm so glad your pup is healing. Warmly, EMichelle