Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today May 25, 2010

Outside my window...
I am actually outside enjoying the bird's
singing, dew filled air and noticing the first blooms
on the crepe myrtle are here.
We had a visit of rain last night the evidence is all
over, included the chair I am sitting in, LOL.

I am thinking...
about my son playing Prelude for his
orchestra class yesterday. The dedication
that he displayed and the hard work all on his own
to this piece. So that he could fulfill what Mr. May
and he had talked about before
we lost Mr. Jonathan May suddenly.

I am thankful...
for the opportunity my husband is
working on to give to our son!  

I am wearing..
Gratitude for our Father's provisions

I am remembering....
 prayer and faith is the only way we can get
through some of the things that happen in life.

I am creating....
I have added two projects this week to my plate like I don't
have enough things to finish.
1) slip covers for a friend
2) quilt for a fundraiser

I am praying...
for Pastors family and the loss of their son
this week. Their son leaves behind a wife and three children,
the third due in three weeks......+

From the kitchen...
 I have a easier time planning
meals in the winter.

I am hoping..
to get more beach time in this year
then last. We already have plans with friends
at the beach for the fireworks every Saturday,
beginning this weekend.

From the learning rooms...
we have been chipping away at math and LLATL.
Children are asking for science and history I need to
make a day of those two subjects for them.

I am hearing...
tree frogs, crickets in the distance and the morning songs
of the birds. Love mornings like these to sit outside
and soak up nature.

Around the house...
there is fresh folded laundry to be put away, days are being
managed so that school can be the main focus.

One of my favorite things...
year end of extra curricular activities. Funny since
in Aug/ Sep my favorite thing is the beginning of these
same activities.

Few plans for this week...
Preparing Jon for his big day on Saturday.
also the children's finial orchestra performance on Wednesday.
  working on vbs plans.


Here is a picture I would like to share...
 summer fun being enjoyed!

To read more daybooks please visit Peggy at Simple Woman's Daybook.
Thank you for stopping by and being part of our family this week


5 comments:

Arlene said...

Prayer and faith are certainly the only way to get through life! Thanks for the reminder. Have a blessed week.

Jen said...

Sorry to hear of your Pastor's son! I'll be praying for the family.

Isn't it amazing how we look forward to school in the fall and then look forward to the end in spring. I was thinking about that the other day.

I enjoyed your daybook.

Blessings!

Felicity said...

Whenever it's holidays I breathe a sigh of relief at having no more extramurals for a while, but after about two weeks I start missing the sturcture they provide for my day and week!
So sorry to hear about your Pastor's son! may they find strength in the Lord at this time.

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

Hello Tara,
I love reading your daybook. I will remember to pray for your pastor's family.
Thank you for the reminder that prayer and faith are the only way to get through this life.
May the Lord bless the children's orchestra performance tomorrow night.
Blessings,
Virginia

Breezy Point Mom said...

It is so sad to hear about your pastor's son. And I know what you mean about being happy for the end of activities now, and thn happy again when they begin in the fall. Is the orchestra class the reason you were writing from W.P. the other day? Is it at the Gen*va School?