Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For today June 8, 2010


Outside my window...
sun is setting after another in the high 90's. With the
humidity it feels more like over 100.

I am thinking....
the work ahead of me tomorrow getting the classroom
back up and running.
It is all torn apart due to ripping out the
carpet and removing the cat and the kitten.
Due to my son having a asthma attack that
required a ER visit.

I am thankful....
my son is recovering nicely
with out a hospital stay this time.

I am wearing...
a nightgown, I am ready for the
day to come to a end.

I am remembering....
the winter we had and how out of the norm
the temps were. That we saw snow 1st in 20 yrs,
the temps 1st in 100 yrs. That we never thought
the cold would leave, now it is so hot already.
Did we even see spring?

I am creating...
an allergen free zone for my son.
We have been spending a lot of time in the classroom,
I think the carpet and the cat being in there
for the past 5 weeks with her kittens(we are down to only one).
 Took a toll on his little lungs. Plus the Dr said the humidity
 is not helping many with asthma. I had
the windows open a lot last week.

I am praying...
for our aunt, she is over at Shane's Hospital
for the next 3 days having a test performed.
I so pray they get answers, she has been having
health issues for over a year now.

From the kitchen....
eggs and grits and bacon
homemade pizza
pork chops and veggies
fried chicken legs

I am hoping....
my friend feels better soon that she
goes to the chiro tomorrow.

From the learning rooms....
Math, Language Arts, reading
we even have managed to work on
 science and history this past week.
Oldest has been working on an essay,
he is required to have it for his scholarship to the

I am hearing...
the basketball playoff game.
GO CELTICS!!

Around the house....
everyone is laying quietly watching the game.
When i finish here they are off to bed. We have finally all
at the same time gotten on a schedule of getting up early.
So much more is being accomplished plus we have
even on a few days had naps. Well the children did...

One of my favorite things...
relaxing at night as a family before we go to bed.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
finish cleaning, get some school done
and relax.

Here is a picture I would like to share....
scorpion my son caught this week
To read more daybooks please visit Peggy at Simple Woman's Daybook.
Thank you for stopping by and being part of our family this week

3 comments:

LISA said...

Go Celtics!
Yeah for school and relaxing...two great activities to keep children happy and beat the summer heat. Glad the asthma is improving.
Praying for answers @ Shands.

Felicity said...

gosh! I didn't know you got scorpions there too.. Are they venomous?? We get them here too, and we have found some in our garden, which is scary since they look like the venomous kind. Hope all goes well at the hospital, and I'm glad your son is doing well.

Breezy Point Mom said...

I am sorry your son has had such a rough time with his asthma. You have had a rough year. Yes, it has certainly been very hot and humid around these parts. That scorpion gives me the creeps. I hope that we never have any run ins with those!