Monday, June 14, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For today June 14, 2010

Outside my window.....
summer is here in full power. The mornings and evenings
are still wonderful to be outside.

I am thinking....
of what this past week brought and
about the week to come. This is the
last week to finish plans for VBS.

I am thankful....
for God's peace he gave my children
with this weekend as they learned
of the loss of their dog, Buddy.

I am wearing..
shorts and a sun top

I am remembering...
the day we meant Buddy. He was the most
amazing puppy. We were all taken by him.
Buddy took on the job as the protector of the children
right from the start. He loved being where ever
our family was.

I am creating...
a special quilt so far 3 block complete
I have also begun knitting a bag.

I am praying...
for my husband, work is abundant.
And is working more then he has in 1 1/2 yrs.
This is a huge praise!

From the kitchen...
Italian subs
apple wood pork roast
tacos
spaghetti

I am hoping....
work keeps going at this pace for us.

From the learning rooms...
still working on year end finishing.
Testing oldest for placement in math.

I am hearing...
tv I had on as I ironed this morning.
complete silence from the children still.

Around the house...
concentration is on school around here.
Chores in the early morning and school
afternoon is swim, read and naps.
Calmness and kindness are the goals.

One of my favorite things...
cuddling with my babies.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
sewing the quilt, school work and fireworks every Saturday.

Here is a picture I would like to share..
our Buddy, he will always be a part of our hearts.
To read more daybooks please visit Peggy at Simple Woman's Daybook.
Thank you for stopping by and being part of our family this week

2 comments:

Felicity said...

So sorry about your dog - they leave such a gap in your heart.
I'm very glad your husband has so much work.
Enjoy your summer - I can't think of swimming here.... to chilly ;-)

Breezy Point Mom said...

That is so sad about Buddy. I am very sorry. It is never easy. I dread when that sad day comes to this house.

Wow - summer! Can hardly swim here - the pool feels like a warm bath! I can't believe it is 96 here right now. Yuk!! When does Fall come?