Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Simple Woman’s Daybook

simple-woman-daybook-small_thumb[1]

For Today August 20, 2011

Outside my Window….honestly I don’t know, have been hibernating inside all day. I am sure it is super buggy and hot, hot, hot outside and I don’t like it. Curtains are drawn closed to help keep the house cool. It gets depressing at times since it is a cave all summer.

I am thinking….about money and how God doesn’t want us to want it but how this world is all about it. Every time I turn around more money is needed for something and everything is getting more and more expensive.

I am thankful….for a teenage son that reads his bible completely on his own.

From the learning rooms…. our first week into the new school curriculum, I feel it was a good choice for this year.

In the kitchen…..tonight black beans, sausage, rice and corn bread. Made a big pot of spaghetti sauce for tomorrow night, since it will be long day.

I am wearing….dark blue capri pants and my favorite pink tee.

I am creating… two very special gifts. Can’t share until delivered.

I am going….to fix dinner shorty then go over and join my children to watch a movie.

I am wondering……how to tell the difference between God’s doing and our own doing. 

I am reading……school books, including bible verses on thankfulness. This is the first book in a series.

I am hoping and praying…..for a friend and her family. As they see a dr. on Tuesday.

I am looking forward to….our extra activities starting this week.

I am hearing….a The Pink Panther movie and my oldest practicing his guitar chords. He is working on playing the guitar for the worship team at church.

Around the house…. has been a quiet rest day. As this is the last week we have of no schedule.

I am pondering…..how can someone see themselves as a positive happy person but bring everyone down around them.

One of my favorite things…. hearing my husband and our children work on music together.

A few plans for the rest of the week….pick up a few more supplies for school, pick up my oldest son his new glasses.

Here is a picture I am sharing….My third son this day decided his ear was hurting so he taped an out of order sign on it. Then just for fun he played a joke on his Mimi and Papa he put his arm in a sling. (with him it is not hard to believe he would need the sling his is all boy and climbs everything he walks near)

IMG_0797

To enjoy more daybook here is a link to The Simple Woman’s Daybooks. Thank Peggy for hosting.

No comments: