Thursday, October 27, 2011

so much changing

Wow so many changes on blogger. I don't post very often so with these changes I am feeling new to blogger all over again. I like reading blogs, when I started blogging I enjoyed it very much. Now Facebook has become so easy to post pictures and type instantly over things happening. I end up neglecting the blog.

Life also has changed so much with my family since I first began the blog. I made a conscience desicion to not spend so much time on the computer, but more time with my children. When I read the poem Spunky made and heard my children  complain about mom on the computer it hurt deep at the loss I was hearing. The other thing that went was the phone conversations. I have heard complaints about me never calling, well that is because I have 4 children that I am raising. They will not be here with me as I have them now. I want a real relationship with my children as they grow up and out. I want them to want to share their life with me and want me to be part of their life. Well if i don't give it to them now they will not be there later.

I have even thought about closing the blog since I dont keep up very well, then I rememebered I didn't start blogging for everyone else. I started for me, a place I could post events and memories of our life to share with our family, that miss out on our daily life.

It is great that everyone has wanted to share in our happiness and cried with us in our sad times and prayed right along with us in our life. I have received many blessings through this blog.
My life is in place where it comes last at the moment. I am needing more time in Gods word and more time with my family.

I will post but it will be very random as my chicks are being raised and as the seasons of our life keep changing. I do hope to keep seeing most of you here when I do post, but I am not promising much from the blog for awhile.


2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

It's all about balance. You gotta do what you gotta do. I know for a fact that people don't read blogs as much or comment since FB has come out.

I guess it's all a season huh?
Have a lovely day!
Kim

Felicity said...

I understand completely. I too just don't get much time to blog, as I'd rather give the time to my kids.
But sometimes I feel the need to record events, or just do something that pleases me, and then my blog is a good place to start.