Sunday, October 6, 2013

New day...

Sport my wig for the first time. This was a huge step and very emotional. I had my hair still but it was so thin I was almost bald. Couldn't touch it, just lost more. So last night I took the plunge and baby girl and Nathan shaved me bald. They took an hour they wanted it perfect. 
   I am happy Nathan came in as Marissa was shaving, he verbalizes himself different. He wanted and needed to be apart of it. He needed to feel needed.....beyond the normal chores around the house. 
    I haven't been comfortable with walking around bald yet only my two have seen it. My husband and the other two haven't. I broke down crying when I went to walk out in the other room where they were. So I covered it up with a scarf. Then this morning a hat. When I switch to the wig I made sure hubby wasn't looking. 
  Just time to get use to it..... I know my husband loves me... Even if I don't have hair. 

2 comments:

Abi's Blog said...

Dear Tara,
Praying for you. I remember running my hand through my hair and having huge clumps come out. I was 17, a senior in highschool. It was hard, but it does become easier...thinking of you today. Praying you have a good day.
Blessings,
Ava

Tara said...

Thank you,