Friday, April 10, 2009

The Resurrection Season

This season has always been my favorite, more then Christmas. This year I am having to work at the joy's that came easy before.


As I stop to thank God today, I have looked around for God's love and promises.
Here are a few I see:


  • Blooms on trees as they come to life again. All around is life, birth and new growth. Christ rose up from the dead out of the tomb on the 3rd day.
  • All the pine trees that surround us display their crosses. What a sight to see a tree covered by crosses. Christ died on the cross for us he rose again for us. God gave his son so that we may be forgiven and have everlasting life. WOW!
  • My daughter is working on memorizing John 3:16. Her brother quoted it to her after memorizing it over more then two years ago. Joy of having the word hide in my children's heart.
  • God is everywhere. I must rejoice in him and trust no matter how hard it gets God has a plan for me and my family.
  • As in The Tale of Annabelle Hedgehog by Stephen Lawhead....book my son read for school.. There is apart about things being simple to do, does not mean they are easy to do. This sticks with me daily and I am making a decision daily to place my faith and trust in God.

Thank you Lord for giving your son for my sins. Thank you Lord for loving me that much. Thank you for the reminders all around me of the sacrifice you made for me. Lord I pray that I will become a better follower of your word. Each time I lose my walk with you I feel terrible and wrong. I need you God I need your love and your promises....................



1 comment:

Laura {{* *}} said...

Crosses on pine trees is what
"and heaven and nature sing" looks like.
Our seasonal reminder,
God's handiwork.
Will we stop our busy life long enough & look to the treetops?

take it in...ponder these things in our hearts...be affected by the cross.

Hallelujah! What a Savior.

{{{* *}}}