Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Simple Women’s Daybook

simple-woman-daybook-small_thumb[1]

For Today February 8, 2011

Outside my Window…..

the sun is raising, there is a chill in the air today with lots of dampness from all the rain yesterday. Weather says it will feel colder then it truly is.

I am thankful for…

how God has placed my family with the Mays family. Love how our two families have been there for each other.  

I am thinking….

about how we don’t miss our local orchestra as I thought we would, since we had been apart of it for 6 years. Life is more relaxed and school work is receiving more attention as was needed. God is great when you turn your concerns to him he will know what needs done.

From the learning rooms…

daily textbook work. Feeling more on track with school then I have felt for the last with 3 years. The extra two days a week has made a huge difference. Enjoy being able to do more things such as Museums and Historical field trips, also more real learning below was a lesson found in our very own backyard. Praise God for his protection, my son that found it was not bitten and knew what kind of spider it was so he took caution.

IMG_0196

From the kitchen….

some of our plans this week is seafood, homemade pizza, spaghetti with garlic bread, pork roast with corn bread stuffing and veggies, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy.

I am creating…..

Each Monday I have been working on my husbands crocheted afghan, It finally is getting somewhere. I love these two hours each week spent with this group of Christian ladies crocheting. A few of the ladies began bringing their children since they also homeschool two of the girls are teaching my daughter how to make friendship bracelet's. Last week couple of the ladies showed me how to make a cupcake hat. Love projects like this since they are portable.

IMG_0204

I am going….

to take the children to choir today, do school the rest of the week. Friday will be cleaning for company and preparing for our orchestra filled weekend. On Sunday we have a workshop that we are looking forward too.

I am reading….

hummm reading, well outside of doing the taxes and updating the enrollment file for orchestra and my children’s textbooks there is no reading happening.

I am hoping and praying….

praying for a friends grandfather who fell last week. In the fall he received severe injuries to his neck has been in ICU for over a week now, also had two surgeries this past week.

I am hearing….

the rooster crowing and the children waking and beginning their chores and eating breakfast.

Around the house…

Missy is working on her bracelets for all her cousins and friends and of course her baby doll. A few quick chores before school begins, then off to choir. Debating picking up the fish for Thursday today so I don’t have to run into town on Thursday. I worry about the freshness sitting two days in the fridge.

One of my favorite things….

feeling organized and on task with projects

Few plans for the rest of the week…

to be planning birthday’s, two this week and two more in another 2 weeks. This week one wants shrimp cocktails and scallops my other boy wants homemade pizza with his friend and her parents. My daughter wants a tea party with her friends and my last is not sure about anything except he wants mom to take him shopping so mom can spend money on him. Those are his words. I guess this year I am not getting away with one or two cakes.

Here is a picture I would like to share…

My SIL Arla and myself with all of our children. My heart swells with how all the cousins get so excited to see each other.

2010 001

To read or be part of the Daybook family you hop over with this link.

 

No comments: