Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today March 2, 2010

Outside my window...
overcast and rainy

I am thinking...
since Saturday the loss of our friend, mentor and teacher.
So many children are hurting if we are grieving this much...
his family has to be really hurting.

I am thankful for...
the time we had with Mr Jonathan May,
the gift my children received from him
for the times we took to go be part of his life.

I am wearing...
pj's will be dressed soon to take the 4 children to the Dentist
Poor Nathan the sadness we have and the dentist all on his birthday.

I am remembering...
To stop and pray with my children as they need it
keeping Mr. Mays family in our prayers
I am sure they are in need of our Lord's strength

I am creating..
another scarf this time for Jonathan
picked up more yarn to keep going on the afghan for hubby
began knitting a bag for myself that will be felted when done.

I am going...
today dentist, couple of earn,s and children's choir
Wednesday Orchestra practice
Thursday we are going to a memorial service for Mr. May

I am reading...
The Nights of Rodanthe

I am hoping...
to see God hands in this loss
that just has no sense at this time.

From the learning rooms...
this week we may do more reading than anything
do some Bible study

I am hearing...
silence I am slowly waking children
 to get ready to head out for the day

I am praying...
For my children
the 800+ children
Maureen , Emily, Elliot, Allison and Nathan May
another little boy from Mr. Mays advance class
that also felt very special and is having a hard time

From the kitchen...
tonight baked mac and cheese I had made for yesterday
but we went out after orchestra with friends, which was a blessing.
rest of the week has not been even thought about
Thursday we will eat out

Around the house...
rest, relaxation, play anything to help ease the stress at this time of loss

One of my favorite things...
listening to Mr. May play this piece his brother wrote

A few plans for the rest of the week..
orchestra practices
memorial service

Here is a picture I would like to share with you..
Thank you Peggy for hosting the Daybook every week. To read more daybooks visit here.



1 comment:

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

It's lovely 'meeting' you via your Daybook. You have a lovely blog.
We're also homeschoolers and enjoy music. :)

alecat (Australia)